On Tuesday, March 24, 2015, Catholics from across the Lone Star State will unite for the Texas Catholic Conference's 2015 Texas Catholic Faith In Action Advocacy Day. This bi-annual rally is hosted by the Texas Bishops to promote the Church's values of Life, Justice, Charity, and Religious Freedom to members of the 84rd Texas Legislature. The Bishops and event participants will address a broad range of diverse issues including advance directives reform, school choice tax credit scholarships, payday lending, Medicaid expansion, and abortion facilities regulation.
- Written by Patrick Ryan
November 4, 2014
The day will begin with the Texas Bishops and participants joining together in a massive rally at 11:30 a.m. on the south steps of the historic Texas State Capitol. In addition, a delicious BBQ lunch will be served on the great lawn of the Capitol grounds. Throughout the day, participants will make visits to their state senators and representatives. Media from across Texas will also be on hand to chronicle this historic event.
All Texas Catholics are urged to get involved and support the Bishop's legislative agenda by participating in the following activities:
- Pray that our Texas legislators will hear the voice of Catholics throughout the state.
- Learn more about the Texas Catholic Conference Legislative Agenda.
- Sign up for action alerts through the Texas Catholic Network.
- Join us for the Catholic Faith in Action Advocacy Day on March 24, 2015. Don't have an advocacy day t-shirt? Wear royal blue!
- Promote in your parishes and schools.
- Call and let your representatives know that you support the Bishops.
- Learn about current legislation that the Texas Catholic Conference and why we are supporting or opposing certain bills.
For more details on how you can be a part of the 2015 Texas Catholic Faith in Action Advocacy Day, please contact the offices of your local diocese.
The photos below are from the 2013 Texas Faith In Action Advocacy Day and appear courtesy of Frances Pullin, Pullin Photography 2013.